Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A finished : the four seasons by Lanarte

This is a cross stitch I made for my mom. This is a special piece as I stitched it mostly during the hospital stay of my then 7 years old son Pierre. He was spending a lot of his time there to get his teatment for his leukemia. While he was watching TV or playing with his gameboy, I used to stitch. Time can be very long other there. He used to stay up to 8 hours and stay sometimes four days.

Here you can see a picture of my WIP the alphabet book by Lanarte. I am doing it for my daughter Emma who is 6 y.o. I love that piece but I put it away to stitch something different as it is a large piece (I know I tend to stitch only large piece :o I don't know why ... )



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. the one for your mom is pretty! And the one for your daughter is coming out nicely. :o)

Judith said...

Your four seasons looks great.

Anonymous said...

You have stitched so many nice pictures. The Lanarte's seasons is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, c'est super. Je susi contente d'avoir de tes nouvelles.
bises de la part de Barbibouille ;-)

Unknown said...

When I visited Paris I bought some charts from the same artist that designed the Season's picture for your mother. I love the colors she uses. I also bought some Christmas kits from Rouge du Rhin that are still Works in Progress. Maybe I should call them UFOs since it's been a year or two since I last worked on them. :-)