Friday, February 20, 2009

I've been bad .... again ....

I couldn't stay more than two days without a needle on my hands, right? So I checked my stash to find something small. I can't have a big project while I still have another big one waiting for me to be finished ... I can't ... I will feel too guilty ... So what did I find? If you look at the picture below, I'm not sure you can't guess what I chose !!!
It's actually a weekenders by JCA called Good girls and boys (it comes with the mat). I think it's from the 2008 collection. You know my love for the old guy so here is another one for my collection !!! Of course, I changed the fabric for a blue diamonds 28 count opalescent lugana by Silkweaver. It's a small design: 5" X 7" (or 13 X 18 cm).
Thanks for your advices for the Booo pattern. I have some grey fabrics and lots of Silkweaver fabrics so I'm going to write down all your suggestions and check my fabrics with the threads. Today I got my mail from JJ's collectibles with the shipping bill for my threads so I hope I'll get them very soon !!!

Thanks also for your good wishes about my health. I was feeling a little better today. I think the antibiotics are working but now I feel tired, probably from the infection .... Today we had lunch with a friend. School starts again on monday. Next vacations? April 3 rd !!! Can't wait !!! Now stitch and bed ... I'll answer my mails tomorrow ...



13 comments:

Yvonne said...

This is a very nice wip. I love the look of the Santa. I am also glad to know that you are feeling much better.

Can't wait to know which fabric you will go for your Boo.

No stitch and bed now for me. I am so tired that it took me 10 mins to compose this comment.

Good night and zzzleep well.

Carmen said...

es un bonito cuadro de navidad.

acá aún no tenemos vacaciones,pero si mucha fiesta! es carnaval!.

si tu cuerpo te dice dormir!,pues a hacerle caso,a dormir,que eso ayuda a recuperarte.

Tammy said...

That is a great start! Cute pattern too--you'll have that done in no time, right? :) Glad you are feeling better. It's no fun to be sick, especially when there is so much stitching to do!

Anonymous said...

Aww cute Santa. I think you get Santa withdrawal if you don't stitch one version or another of him every couple of months ;-)

Carolyn NC said...

Cute new start - glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

PS. Have you seen the new Mirabilia?
http://www.sewandso.co.uk/cgi-bin/find/db.cgi?db=zoom&uid=&Prod_Code=60404&ww=on&do=search_results

Pumpkin said...

Oh you naughty girl but I can certainly understand the need to do a small project. You definitely picked a nice one :o)

Glad you're starting to feel better.

Faith Ann said...

I love blue diamond fabric... I've used that for a project in the past. It's such a delicate colour.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have been sick. Hope you can start feeling better soon.

Lots of rest and some stitching sounds as good a cure as anything else ;)

Laural said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Everyone needs a large and a small project going don't they?

Unknown said...

What a cute Santa :) Glad you are feeling better. Antibiotics suck to take.

Wendy said...

Oooh I love this one. It's nice if you can do a smaller project between the big ones.

Debra said...

Ah, started another one. LOL! Glad to hear you are feeling better.
DLS