Friday, July 25, 2008

Introducing ........

My new project:




It's an Alma Lynne design and the kit is by Janlynn. It's an old kit bought on Ebay a while ago. I don't know when it was released but it is sure an old thing as I got the surprise to find a part of the chart all yellowish. (maybe from the light? ) . The kit didn't include the thread organizer so I created 2 of them and then, the real challenge began: trying to guess the colors. There were five hanks of colors with similar shades ( more fun) in each hank. Some examples: light beige brown and medium dark beige brown or medium beige brown and dark beige brown ... Of course, they ALL look brown I hope I didn't made too many mistakes ... Pre sorted threads is soooooooo convenient !!!


Of course, I changed the aida for a more chrismasy fabric and I chose a 32 count lugana precious metal by Silkweaver. This is another small design : 9 x 14" and here is my first progress (not much but I just started yesterday .)








Thank you all for the nice comments on my finish. You are all very sweet. It always make me feel happy to see you took time to stop by and leave a nice comment for me. Thank you again: I appreciate it more than you think

Pierre and Emma are back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steb was very happy (and it's an understatment ) Tomorrow we'll go back pack shopping for Pierre. For the first year of secondary school, you need a cool back pack right? We are some activities planned like going to the beach or to the zoo and so on but Barbara has all the sun right now so we might be stuck at home unless she's willing to share some of her sunshine



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely new start. Your apartment is going to look lovely with all your Christmassy designs up this year.

Enjoy your back pack shopping :o)

Carmen said...

cute new proyect :)

Beatrice said...

Your finish from Tuesday is wonderful. I'm doing a happy dance for you.
You have made a nice new start. That is a really nice Santa. Have fun with all those colours. Good luck!

Jenna said...

What a pretty new start! I know how tough it can be to try to sort those kit threads. Presorted is much easier, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhh un père nono :)))

Anonymous said...

c'était moi dans le dernier comm, j'ai pas eu le temps de tout taper le message est parti !

Faith Ann said...

That will be a gorgeous project!

Don't you just hate those hanks of floss with colours that are soooo close together? Grrr :(

Daffycat said...

Wonderful new start! Congratulations!

Andie said...

Thats a gorgeous wee design! Love the little girl :)

mainely stitching said...

We certainly LOST the sun today! Oh my gosh, what wild weather!!!

Love your newest start. Good luck with those colors!

Anonymous said...

A lovely new start and not too much green :grin:

I hate threads that don't come pre-sorted. Was the biggest pain in the rear end with the Nativity / advent calendar I'm doing. Close to 50 threads (from memory) and not one of them sorted. Gah!

Pumpkin said...

That's going to be a nice one Chiloe. I'm glad you changed the fabric because I think it's really going to add a bit of festivity :o)