Monday, April 20, 2009

Weakness in action !!!

By staurday night, I was sorting the threads out thanks to my daylight bulb ( cheaper than the whole light ). I was so exicted to start something new, something that was calling my name out loud: Stitch me !!!!!!! Stitch me !!!!!! Who I am to deny attention to such a cutie? I had already chosen my fabric: a 32 count white lugana (I chose it after brainstorming to make the right choice between a white fabric and a Silkweaver fabric in the blues. I think a white fabric will look more like the picture I love. I quickly made my working copy and started to stitch ... Felt like paradise Before going to bed, I even proudly showed my first stitches to Chuy. He asked "what's that?" "What do you mean : what's that? Isn't it obvious?"
Sunday afternoon, I happily took my fabric to keep stitching on my beautiful snowman, stitched one full color, got ready for the next one when it hit me while I checked the color code : I was supoposed to stitch all I stitched in the blues on one over two and I stitched it on two over two That's what excitement can do to you Took me some time to frog everything except the eyes and the nose ... I re-stitched all and even made some progress. I love it! I love it !!!!
Today, the kids went back to school and Chuy went back to work after two weeks off thanks to the bad economy ... Feel weird to be all alone ...



15 comments:

Tammy said...

He certainly is a beautiful snowman! Is it a Crossed Wing Collection design? Whatever it is, it's gorgeous.

glamlawlib said...

Not weakness, dedication :)

He's a cute looking snowman!

Ginnie said...

He looks a lovely snowman!!

Lori said...

You didn't quit over that froggy setback. Good!

Kathy A. said...

Now isn't he just the cutest. Congratulations on your big finish of your Halloween piece!! I know it was a challenge at the end.

debijeanm said...

What a sweet face!

Yvonne said...

New start!! Lovely and I can't wait to see more.

Laural said...

Great start!

Jean said...

Love the piece you chose. I am not sure how people work on snowmen after winter. We start getting snow in November (sometimes scattered storms in October) and still can have snow in April - so I think if you live here, it might cure your need to stitch snowmen for at least the warmer months!! Maybe you have a lot of snow, too - do you? I think he is adorable!!!! I love the chickadee by the reindeer - they're my favorite bird. I collect things with chickadees on them

Carolyn NC said...

I figured your new start would be a snowman! So cute!

Carla said...

ya sabia que ibas a empezar alguno de los diseños de snowman que te compraste :)

Andie said...

Oh hes so cute! I think we have the same disease :D

tkdquintmom said...

Way to take that frog and THROW him out the door and then show him up! LOL To answer your question, this was my first Sassy purchase but I'm impressed! QUICK! I had the fabby within the same week! I love Silkweavers too though, they have beautiful colors. I love them both equally!

Pumpkin said...

LOL! You are weak my friend ;o)

I see a big difference between the two and I'm glad you frogged. He's looking amazing!

Marita said...

He looks really cute and you've made good progress despite having to frog.