Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mother's day !!!

It's mother's day here and I think I won the contest of the ugliest gift ever received for mother's day ( and I'm talking about the world competition here people !!!! ) I didn't win alone and I want to thank the substitute teacher from hell for her help! Whitout her, nothing would have been possible and I wouldn't know the joy of having to decided where to put this horror masterchief ! I have to admit that the dark color is what I need to brighten my day, every single day and the newspaper sheets does give a modern art look to this horror masterchief. Thanks again substitute teacher from hell! By the way, you won't be surprised if I skip your end of the year gift, right? Do you want to see this horror masterchief?



What it is? It's a canvas where there is newspaper and what is supposed to be fruits are glued.

Steb's teacher did a little better. She made a card and she took a picture with a poem on the side. She managed to have Steb looking at her He's not smiling but he looks at the camera!


Chuy got me a DS game so I can do my Beyonce on my sofa and pretend I understand something at rhythm !!!



We got a winner from my last post: Lori guessed it right (she was the only player !!!) : Obama came to my city and we were all only allowed to see him on TV !!! Chuy wanted to go to see him but he understood he was mission impossible. Even the people who greeted him were people who had been selected ...

This sign was all over town:


Some pics of Obama's arrival:





Today, after a lunch at the restaurant with my parents, we went to one of the english military camp. WWII collectors organized that kind of camps every year. My dad is a WWII collector and he's friend with his people.



I probably have the weirdest husband in the world: he said "hi" to an english veteran in french !




I think it was my opportunity to ask if what we say about scottish is true ... Did I? Didn't I?







And yes, in the middle of all this excitement, I did stitch a little (I know it does look like the character in Ice age it's scary, isn't it? It's even hard to imagine it's going to be a cute squirrel !!! ):



13 comments:

Unknown said...

hi thats some gift...what was the sub teacher thinking???

tkdquintmom said...

Um..that's an interesting gift (lol) keep it anyway. It will give you something to look back at a laugh upon. Mr. Squirrel is looking great and I WON! Yeah I won!....what I win?...lolololol

Annette said...

What a crazy gift.
It looks like you have a great day.
The squirrel is beginning te look great.
Yesterday I have look through your blog from the beginning, what have you made many lovely and big project, where do you get the time from......
Keep up the good stitching with your wonder needle...

mainely stitching said...

Well... did you? Do you have pictures to back it up? LOL!!!!

So, that's an interesting gitt you received. Hmm. :p

Marita said...

That gift is very interesting. Think in 20 years or so you and Emma will be able to look at the newspaper and know what was going on in the world around Mothers Day 2009 :D A bonding experience for you both.

The stitching is progressing nicely.

Tammy said...

Great pics!

Brigitte said...

When I was commenting on your last entry I had totally forgotten that you live in France, lol. So you know about the prices for XS supplies in Europe.
Your little squirrel is slowly getting into shape.

debijeanm said...

I think I have that squirrel chart.

One of my sons went to Scotland on a trip. They had a meal in a banquet room of a hotel and there was a wedding in the ballroom. Some of the wedding guests (in kilts) stopped by the banquet room to visit with the American kids. The Scot guide (female) took it upon herself to demonstrate to the room full of jr. high students that what we've heard IS true. Only she was amused.

Meari said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Chiloe. So sorry about the "masterpiece" artwork. It's the thought that counts, right? :) Cute pic of Steb!

Tammy said...

Happy belated Mother's Day.

Love the pics - art, President Obama and the stitching.

Carmen said...

hum...what is this gift?,maybe abstrac art?..curious thing..

about the kilts thing,,is true!!is true!.

the squirrel look like the ice age, look funny now.

le fil d'ariane said...

notre grand père (ancien résistant et déporté) faisait partie de la commémoration du 6 juin 2009... vous pouvez faire un petit tour sur le blog de ma soeur pour voir son histoire...
http://livremania.unblog.fr/tag/deportation-souvenirs/

Pumpkin said...

Oh my, that is very...interesting. Glad things went well with Steb's gift.

Some big excitement in your part of the world! I bet you couldn't get anywhere near him. That's probably good, knowing you ;o) LOL!

Your squirrel is cute :o)