Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rainy saturday ...

Pierre and Emma had school this morning. They never have school on saturday morning but today was special:it was the christmas market! (you know the kind of market where you are supposed to buy stuffs to raise money for the school - but where you actually buy what YOUR kids made ) So that what we did this morning: I bought Pierre's mystery box (I says "mystery" because I don't know what is the purpose of that box I also bought Emma's flower pot (with a small poinseita in it) for a "merry" price of 4.50 Euros I only bought it because Emma made it. The price is way too high ! Imagine how hard it must be for single mothers or low income families ... (especially when you have several children in the scholl !!! ) Blogger doesn't let me upload my pictures The weather was awfull: rainy and very cold (of course, I had forgotten my gloves ... )

Here you see Emma, Esteban and Chuy who is holding the "precious" flower ...

Pierre, ready for the sale, and Steb. Yes, Pierre forgot (again ) his coat in the classroom ...

One of my friend made this gingerbread house and put lights inside. I don't think anybody bought it .

My family doctor gave me an iron supplement for Steb. He said he has a small anemia. He has to take it for 2 months.


I have a new baby in my life: a new camera I got a Fujifilm. It has 8 millions pixels and save the pictures really fast. With my old Nikon, I had to wait for some seconds, enough time for a baby to escape far away from the picture scene Now, I'm wondering: is 8 millions pixels too high to upload the picture directly from the computer to Blogger (well, when Blogger let me play with it ) What do you think: should I first upload the picture somewhere else?


Blogger is teasing me: I can show you some pictures and some not ... Weird ... Maybe it didn't like to switch back to french ...


So here is my fairy! I think I stitched half of the wing. I even did some backstitch to make it look like a real wing. I still haven't had time to check my Mirabillia's charts so I'll have to stick with the wing !!!

Blogger is nice: let's take advantage!!!

Here is what I got on thrusday: some felt flowers (maybe to decorate the purse?)
And this is what I got yesterday: green and red pearls !!!

And today was the big DAY ! Look at that:


How did she know that today would be soooooooooo cold? This is a handmade scarf. I didn't have one yet so I'm very happy with my nice gift. Chuy doesn't like the color. I agree with him that it is dark but I think she may have been afraid I won't like a more colored scarf. (I would have loved more colors !!! ) CHuy said: you are not going to go out with that scarf because it looks like the ugly dog of one of our neighbor ... I guess this is some kind of mexican humor ...

Tomorrow, I'll scan my new stash: I have to keep something to make you come back to my blog






5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

The boys' Christmas market is coming up next week or the week after. I hope the prices aren't as high! ;)

Marita said...

Annie's Kinder 'Auctions' off childrens art work. Very upsetting if your children are there and the only person they see bidding is mum or dad. "why does no one else want my painting mummy?"

I love the scarf, but then I love black and dark colours.

Great progress on your fairy.

Anonymous said...

You should be Ok with 8 million pixels - mine is around the same (also a Fuji) and I can upload my pics straight to Blogger off my computer no worries.

Carla said...

Me encanta tu nueva bufanda!! y no vas a parecer un perro con ella jijiji
el hada te esta quedando genial...me muero por ver como vas a hacerle la cara :)

Meari said...

I bet the kiddies had fun at the school market. More nice gifties. :) Enjoy your new camera. I bought a new one today. I pick it up tonight before my date. :D