Tuesday, December 23, 2008

two days till christmas

Will you guess where Chuy went this afternoon? Christmas shopping ! When I told you he always shops at the last moment and ends up buying cheesy gifts .... I wonder what he will have found today. Even scarier: Emma asked my mom to take her to the mall yesterday and I may get another weird gift (I say that based on my past experiences with gifts they bring me from vacations ...). I know what you'll tell me: it is not the gift that is important but the love behind. I agree but after some years without any gifts close to my tastes, I need, no I demand, a change !!!!

While Chuy is shopping, Steb is taking his nap and I was supposed to wrap some gifts. (Pierre and Emma are at a friend's house: they are going to have a sleepover) The problem is that I don't know where are some gifts ... Chuy hid them very well I guess because I have NO ideas where they are ... I even managed to loose one Emma really wanted a Hannah Montana wig and we got her one even though I think it's a little strange to want a wig for christmas . ... Actually, I had to order it because they were sold out. I was pretty sure I had hidden it in my bedroom with other gifts. Wrong ! When Chuy will come back, we'll dig in our thousand of boxes in the basement. WIsh us luck ...

Sleepovers are not easy with Pierre ... First, he worries about what he's going to eat . Always an issue with Pierre ... I even packed his rice krispies cereals box, Nesquick and milk (well, my friend drinks rice milk and that tastes: ) The list of what he eats is so short. I told my firend to not worry about it (he's not underweight ).

The third google image:



I finished working on that nice orange flower and now I have to go back on stitching some ... greens .... Isn't it weird how fast I can stitch when the colors are so attractive? ( click to enlarge !!!)

8 comments:

Velda said...

Joyeux Noël mon Amie!!!!

mainely stitching said...

I hope you find the gifts! I've done this myself - hidden the gifts so well that I haven't even found them by the NEXT Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some gifts that you like :)

I always struggle to find gifts too and sometimes I find things I can't even remember buying.

Gave my niece a wig one year, it came on a fake head in this massive cylinder type container. I ended up wrapping it like a giant cracker which was lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

The fuschia is looking gorgeous Chiloe!

You needn't worry about Chuy and Christmas. Alan hasn't done any yet and has been telling me for weeks he's got it sorted. Looks like we wont be getting anything this year.

Tammy said...

Your Lanarte flower is absolutely stunning. You asked about my stitching mouse ornament---that was purchased from Hallmark years ago! I also have set of very tiny sewing mice from Hallmark too. I love them! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Faith Ann said...

I hope you've located your gifts by now!!

I also hope your family pulls through with a nice gift :)

Merry Christmas!!

Meari said...

Your flower is coming right along. :) Hopefully you didn't get very many cheesy gifts LOL. I can relate, though.

Pumpkin said...

Okay, I'm anxious to get to your after Christmas post now ;o)

The colors in the Fushia are just popping.