Thursday, February 14, 2008

Silkweaver showcase !

Have you checked this year showcase? I'm one of the finalist with my Lanarte bear !!!
I didn't win anything but it's pretty neat to be one of the finalist I like the piece called "gathering flowers" (on the bottom right but it didn't win either ...)


Nice mail keep coming to me (I won't complain ) I got my FOTM: I got Peaceful waters and Boo: both in 28 count lugana.



You know I love hand dye fabrics so after checking some galleries, I decided to check the Polstitches site. I loved their colors and saw they had grab bags ! SO I decided to give it a try and look at what I got:


I chose the evenweave grab bags and I got 5 fabrics: only one fabric is light pink (plain tone). The other one are more colorful. Sizes vary between 35 x 14 cm to 67 x 19 cm. Those sizes are great for banners !!! I'm very happy with what I received and I ordered a second one (the photo above is the second bag I got) One bag is £6.99 and shipping for £1.25 for Europe. Be aware that the fabrics are not serged. Even though I tried this brand, I'm still faithful to Silkweaver because of the quality of their fabrics, their great prices and customer service !!!



This morning I tried again to erase Esteban's mess on my beige wall papers but I don't have magic tricks to make the pencil to disappear ... I will have to paint it or change the wall paper when we'll move out (we're tenants.)
Not very happy with that ....... On the yellow wall papers, I managed to erase everything.



Wednesday Pierre went to have his regular blood check and the nutrionist took advantage to add the vitamins analysis to see what deficiency he might have. The result in one week. The nutrionist told us he probably do have a deficiency because with what he eats, he doesn't have enough vitamins. She explained to him why he should eat fruits but even though he agreed, I don't think it is going to make any changes ... He should start by eating an applesauce a day but it's going to be hard ... I also have to buy a supplement with protein and vitamins : it's like a chocolate yogurt. He should take one a day for a while ...



I stitched again on the snow family again last night:

Happy Valentine day for all the lovers around the world !!! Chuy offered me flowers which was totally unexpected : a bouquet of peach roses


20 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

Beatrice said...

Well Done!!!! being a finalist is Huge congratulations. I looked at the pieces there and they were all lovely.
You did a great job.

Doris said...

wow! congratulations!!
and happy valentines :D

~Tammy said...

I saw your little mexican bear and I knew it was familiar, but it didn't connect it to you with your 'real' name. LOL Not feeling very smart today.

Your snowman family is still really moving along.

Good luck with getting Pierre to eat his fruits.

Anonymous said...

I would recommend trying "Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser" for the pencil marks. Make sure you wet it first. It really works very well.

Marita said...

Congratulations on being a finalist that is great.

I've struggled with some pen marks on the wall also. Usually a chux magic eraser works but sometimes it can leave a mark so have to be careful.

Barbara said...

How nice that you got flowers today! And that you were a finalist in the Showcase! :D

Love your snowpeople project!

Andie said...

Congratulations on being a finalist!! So exciting :D Your snow family is looking great! For drawing on walls, you could try a little toothpaste on an old brush rub gently/lightly and then wipe off with a wet wipe :) Worth a try

Dawn said...

Congrats!! That is quite an honor:)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Megumi said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Congratulations on being a finalist in the Silkweaver showcase!

Susan said...

Congratulations on being a finalist! That bear is adorable!

quiltorstitch said...

You always make such great progress on your pieces! I love watching how fast you stitch them up :) Congrats on getting to be a finalist on the Silkweaver showcase, how fun! Happy Valentine’s day to you too :)

tkdchick said...

Wow! A huge congrats on making it as a finalist! Yay!

sugardoll said...

Congratulations on being a finalist!!! You well deserved it, you picked the perfect fabric for the bear. Woohoo

The snow family is cute, the fabric is perfect for the design as well.

Happy Valentines Day!

Cathy said...

Do you have Mr. Clean products there? If so, try the Magic Erasers. They take EVERYTHING off the walls. Joshua colored on our playroom wall three days before we were supposed to move out of the house. I bow at the feet of the big bald guy now, Mr. Clean rocks!

debijeanm said...

Congratulations! Nobody's making me a finalist in anything, so way to go!

Be careful with the Mr. Clean erasers. Try them first in a hidden corner somewhere. They took the paint off my wall and I would be worried they would ruin the surface of your wallpaper (they are a very fine abrasive, probably with some chemical that softens things, like paint),

Deanne J said...

Hi

I've just found your blog, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Congrats on being a finalist, he's so cute.

Meari said...

Have you tried Magic Eraser on the wallpaper? It takes out a lot of stuff! Congrats on being a finalist. How exciting for you! :) I'm happy for ya.

As for T... Who knows what goes through a man's head.

céleste said...

Bravo ma belle , tu cartonnes !!!! Bisous

Jennifer said...

Come see me - I've tagged you!